Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Owls Are Not What They Seem

Just a quick post to show off a project I finished recently. I got this Twin Peaks pattern off of Etsy and made a wall-hanging out of it. I had to order the aida fabric online, but I used floss from my stash. For this reason, I made a few substitutions.

I substituted Sublime Stitching's Blue Fondant for DMC 519, Sublime Stitching's Silky Cocoa for DMC 433, and  DMC 435 for DMC 434. Because the colors on the logs were a little bit too similar on account of the substitutions, I also added some backstitching to give a little more clarity there. Here is a picture of the framed final product hanging on my wall:

I framed it using this tutorial I found. It was pretty easy, and I got the frame for only one euro because it didn't have glass in it. That didn't bother me, because I read that cross-stitches usually are framed without glass.

This project really didn't take very long, and would have been even quicker if I hadn't had to start over shortly after starting because I had miscalculated the center of the fabric. As I worked on it, I posted progress pics on Instagram; here is a little collage of said pics with the finished item in the center:

I've actually already finished another quick project, so hopefully I'll be able to post about that one in a day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment